Acadian Peppered Shrimp
Sautéed to a perfect pink.
TIME: 20 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 16 oz Mississippi Gulf Shrimp, medium or large, shell on
• 6 Tbsp butter
• 3 Tbsp lemon juice
• 12 leaves fresh basil, chopped
• 1/2 -1 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 each bay leaf, crumbled
• 1-2 Tbsp black pepper
• salt, to taste
1. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then add remaining ingredients, except shrimp.
2. Cook until butter is well browned, about 8-12 minutes.
3. Add shrimp, stirring and turning to coat well with the seasoned butter.
4. Cook until shrimp are deep pink and just cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
5. Serve the shrimp in their shells, peeling them at the table.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a sliced tomato salad with mozzarella cheese.