Blue Crab Cakes
• 1 lb. Mississippi Gulf Jumbo Lump Crabmeat
• 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 large eggs
• 1/2 cup whole milk
• 2 cups bread crumbs
• 2-3 tablespoons peanut oil (enough to coat the pan)
1. In a large bowl combine crabmeat, parsley, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix gently. Make eight balls and place on a
baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. In another large bowl place flour and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Whisk eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
4. Put bread crumbs on a plate.
5. Remove crab balls from the refrigerator and pat into thick cakes. Dip each into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture (eggs and whole milk), and roll in breadcrumbs. Chill for 30 minutes.
6. Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add crab cakes in batches of four.