Blue Crab Meat Au Gratin
• 16 oz Mississippi Gulf blue crabmeat (lump or claw), picked for shells
• 1 bunch green onions, chopped
• 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
• 6 Tbsp butter, plus some for baking dish
• 3 Tbsp flour
• 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
• 3 Tbsp sherry
• 8 oz Swiss cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter a small baking dish.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté́́ onions and parsley in butter.
3. Add flour and stir to remove any lumps, then add sherry.
4. Lower heat and gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly until thick.
5. Remove from heat and reserve.
6. Spread crabmeat evenly in a baking dish.
7. Pour sauce over crabmeat.
8. Cover with cheese.
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly .
Note: If sauce is too thick, thin with whole milk.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with any green vegetable or glazed carrots.