This delicious new take on the classic bisque stars juicy lumps of Mississippi Gulf Blue Crab.
TIME: 30 minutes
SEASON: spring, fall, winter
• 8 oz Mississippi Gulf crabmeat, chopped
• 1 each small onion, finely chopped
• 2 Tbsp butter (not margarine)
• 4 sprigs parsley
• 2 Tbsp flour
• 2 cups half-and-half
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 2 tsp salt
• 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
2. Add onion and parsley, and cook slowly until onion is golden brown.
3. Add flour and stir to remove any lumps.
4. Add chicken broth.
5. Simmer for 20 minutes and remove parsley.
6. Add half-and-half and heat slowly. Do not boil.
7. Add crabmeat and cook, stirring slowly for about 5 minutes.
8. Season with salt and cayenne. Taste and adjust seasoning, then remove from heat and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Great with garlic bread and salad.