Crab Meat Quiche
Flavorful Mississippi Gulf Crab is the highlight of this classic baked quiche.
TIME: 75 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 8 oz Mississippi Gulf crabmeat, picked for shells
• 1 cup sour cream
• 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 3 each eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
• 1 cup cooked rice
• 3 1/2 oz French fried onions
• 9 inch pastry shell (pre-baked for 10 minutes)
• salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and eggs, and season with salt.
3. Stir in cheese, crab, rice and fried onion.
4. Pour into pastry shell.
5. Bake 35-45 minutes or until set and knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
6. Serve warm as a main course or appetizer.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a nice green salad or grilled asparagus.