Garlic Rum Shrimp
Mississippi Gulf Shrimp are tossed in a TABASCO®, Bacardi®, Worcestershire, cumin and lime juice blend, then quickly pan-sautéed, topped
with breadcrumbs and broiled to a toasty finish.
TIME: 75 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 16 oz large Mississippi Gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
• 3 shakes TABASCO®
• 1/4 cup Bacardi® rum
• 1 each lime, juiced
• 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 2 Tbsp butter
• 4 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
• salt, to taste
• pepper, to taste
1. In a medium bowl, combine TABASCO® , Bacardi® rum, lime juice, Worcestershire and cumin.
2. Toss shrimp in bowl to coat, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add butter, oil and garlic and let cook 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
4. Preheat the broiler.
5. Transfer shrimp to a broiler pan and top with garlic sauce, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs.
6. Broil 3–5 minutes per side, or until shrimp are just cooked through.
Serving Suggestion: Great with sweet potato fries or grilled vegetables.