Mississippi Gulf Oysters rolled in perfectly seasoned breadcrumbs and baked to a golden brown.
TIME; 45 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 16 oz Mississippi Gulf oysters, drained
• 3/4 cup oil
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
• 4 Tbsp butter, melted
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce
• 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Butter a 9-inch pie plate.
3. Put oil in a small bowl and add garlic.
4. Place breadcrumbs in another small bowl.
5. Dip oysters into oil, roll in breadcrumbs and place in buttered pie plate.
6. Dribble melted butter, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce over top and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and oysters are cooked.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with marinated vegetables and a mixed greens salad.