Leah's Meatless Shrimp Pasta
• 16 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp, peeled
• 16 oz angel hair pasta
• 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
• 2 each leeks, chopped
• 1 bunch green onions, chopped
• 8 oz button mushrooms, quartered
• 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1/2 cup white wine
• salt, to taste
• pepper, to taste
1. Put water on for pasta.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
3. Add shrimp and sauté́́ 1 minute per side, then remove and reserve.
4. Add remaining Tbsp of olive oil and sauté́́ leeks and green onions for 2 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes.
6. Add asparagus and cook 1 minute.
7. Season with salt and pepper, add white wine and turn off heat.
8. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
9. Return shrimp to pan with vegetables.
10. Drain pasta and toss with shrimp sauce.
Serving Suggestion: Great with lightly cooked broccoli or other green vegetable.