Marinated Shrimp Skewers
Grilled Mississippi Gulf Shrimp marinated in a tomato and red wine vinegar sauce seasoned with garlic, fresh basil and cayenne pepper.
TIME: 60 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 16 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 3 Tbsp olive oil
• 1/4 cup tomato sauce
• 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
• 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
• 8 each skewers, soaked for 30 minutes
1. In a large bowl, stir together everything but the shrimp and the skewers and mix well. Add shrimp; toss to coat evenly.
2. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Prepare the grill.
4. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
5. Grill shrimp 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with rice and a green vegetable.