Mississippi Gulf Coast Lasagna
Poached Mississippi Gulf Shrimp and sautéed Mississippi Gulf Blue Crab layered with slices of sharp cheddar and lasagna noodles.
TIME: 75 minutes
SEASON: spring, fall, winter
• 8 oz medium Mississippi Gulf shrimp
• 8 oz Mississippi Gulf Blue crabmeat, picked for shells
• 16 oz lasagna noodles
• 2 cups white wine
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 6 Tbsp butter
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• 2 Tbsp sherry
• 16 oz sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
• salt, to taste
• pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook lasagna according to package instructions.
3. In a deep skillet, bring broth and wine to a boil, reduce heat and poach shrimp for 3 – 5 minutes.
4. Remove shrimp from pan, reserving broth, and chop coarsely. 5. In a saucepan, melt butter, add flour and seasonings, and cook, stirring for
a few minutes.
6. Stir in 2 cups of reserved stock, paprika and sherry, and cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes.
7. Stir in shrimp and crab, and set aside.
8. Oil a lasagna pan.
9. Layer noodles, seafood mixture and sliced cheese, and repeat twice, finishing with a layer of cheese.
10. Bake for 45 minutes, remove form oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Just add a nice salad and cheesy garlic bread.