Mississippi Gulf Oysters dot this pasta tossed in a creamy, homemade Alfredo sauce.
TIME: 30 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 12 oz Mississippi Gulf oysters, liquid reserved
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
• 1/2 cup cream
• 1 Tbsp butter
• 1/8 tsp fresh nutmeg
• 1 each lemon, juiced
• 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 16 oz short pasta (conchiglie, ziti, mostaccioli, etc.)
• 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
• salt, to taste
• pepper, to taste
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. In skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, garlic and ginger, and sauté́́ for 1 minute.
3. Add cream, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add oysters with their liquid, lemon juice and parsley.
6. Reduce heat and cook until the oysters are just warmed through, about 8 minutes.
7. Toss pasta with sauce and Parmigiano-Reggiano, and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a leafy green salad and good bread.