Oyster Angels on Horseback
Bacon-wrapped Mississippi Gulf Oysters are flash-seared, broiled and served on brown bread.
TIME: 30 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 24 each Mississippi Gulf oysters, shucked
• 12 slices bacon
• 24 each toothpicks
• 1 tsp paprika
• salt, to taste
• pepper, to taste
• 4 Tbsp butter
• 24 slices mini brown bread
1. Drain and dry 24 Mississippi Gulf oysters.
2. Wrap each oyster in 1/2 slice of raw bacon and fasten with a toothpick.
3. Dust with paprika, salt, and pepper.
4. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the prepared oysters and brown quickly on all sides. Alternately, brown under the broiler for about 1 minute each side.
5. Serve on small rounds of buttered brown bread.
Serving Suggestion: For an oyster club sandwich, serve three Angels on Horseback on slices of buttered toast.