Golden-browned to perfection, Mississippi Gulf Oysters take the traditional seafood cake to new levels of elegance.
TIME: 75 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 12oz Mississippi Gulf oysters, drained and chopped
• 1 each egg, lightly beaten
• 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp seafood seasoning
• 1 tsp dried parsley
• 1/4 tsp dry mustard
• 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
• 1 tsp prepared mustard
• 1/4 cup cracker crumbs or breadcrumbs
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
1. In a mixing bowl, combine egg, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, parsley, dry mustard, mayonnaise and prepared mustard.
2. Add oysters and cracker crumbs to the mixture.
3. Shape into 8 patties and chill 1hour.
4. Sauté́́ the cakes in olive oil on both sides until golden brown.
Note: patties can also be put under the broiler until golden brown on each side.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with chopped salad loaded with vegetables.