Smoked Mississippi Gulf Oysters folded with cream cheese, bacon, horseradish and chopped pecans, and then rolled into a paté, covered in cilantro-bacon-pecan crust and served on toast points.
TIME: 75 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 8 oz Mississippi Gulf smoked oysters, chopped
• 8 oz cream cheese, softened
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1/4 each small onion, grated or finely chopped
• 1 tsp prepared horseradish
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped, divided
• 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 4 slices bread, toasted and quartered into points
1. In a medium bowl, combine cheese, oysters, lemon juice, onion, horseradish, half the cilantro, and salt.
2. Chill 1 hour.
3. Combine remaining cilantro, pecans and crumbled bacon.
4. Roll paté in cilantro mixture to coat.
5. Serve with toast points.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with crudité vegetables.