Oyster Spinach Stuffed Shells
Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with Mississippi Gulf Oysters, spinach and nonfat cottage cheese, smothered with marinara sauce and baked until bubbly.
TIME: 60 minutes
SEASON: spring, fall, winter
• 8 oz Mississippi Gulf oysters
• 12 each jumbo pasta shells
• 2 Tbsp butter
• 1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning
• 8 oz nonfat cottage cheese
• 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
• 1 each egg, lightly beaten
• black pepper, to taste
• salt, to taste
• 1 14-oz jar spaghetti sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare pasta according to package instructions; reserve.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter, onions, garlic and Italian seasoning, and sauté until onions are tender.
4. Remove from heat and stir in oysters, cottage cheese, spinach and egg.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide mixture evenly into cooked shells.
7. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan and arrange shells over sauce.
8. Top with remaining sauce and cover with foil.
9. Bake 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with glazed carrots for a beautiful meal.