Redfish Court Bouillon
Mississippi Gulf Redfish cooked in a spicy tomato bouillon with onions, celery and garlic.
TIME: 60 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 4 each 5-6 oz Mississippi Gulf redfish fillets
• 4 Tbsp butter
• 4 Tbsp flour
• 1 each medium onions, finely chopped
• 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 3 each large tomatoes, peeled and quartered (or 16-oz can)
• 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
• 3 cups water
• salt, to taste
• pepper, to taste
1. In a deep skillet over low heat, mix the butter and flour together until smooth, and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the onions, celery and garlic, and sauté until tender.
3. Add the tomatoes, cayenne and water, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Simmer covered for 20-30 minutes.
5. Add fillets and cook until tender and flaky, about 15 minutes.
Note: The amount of cayenne here is for a moderate heat. It can be increased up to a full teaspoon for the full nuclear version!
Serving Suggestion: Serve over rice with carrots or green beans.