Sautéed Mississippi Gulf Oysters, Crab and Shrimp rolled in tortillas, topped with Colby cheese and baked to a golden crunch.
TIME: 60 minutes
SEASON: spring, fall, winter
• 8 oz Mississippi Gulf oysters
• 4 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
• 4 oz Mississippi Gulf crabmeat
• 1 each onion, chopped
• 5 Tbsp butter, divided
• 8 oz Colby cheese, shredded, divided
• 1 cup half-and-half
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 2 tsp dried parsley
• 1/2 tsp garlic salt
• 8 each 8-inch flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, sauté onions in 1 Tbsp butter until transparent.
3. Stir in oysters, crab and shrimp, and remove from heat.
4. Mix in half the cheese.
5. Place 1/8 of the mixture on a tortilla, roll it up and place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining mixture.
6. In saucepan, combine half-and-half, sour cream, 4 Tbsp butter, parsley and garlic salt. Stir until the mixture is warm and blended.
7. Pour over the enchiladas, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Great with classic Spanish rice and refried beans