A fiery blend of Mississippi Gulf Shrimp, mushrooms and vegetables in a cherry tomato sauce finished in a brandy flambé.
TIME: 30 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 16 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp
• 8 Tbsp butter, divided
• 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
• 3 stalks celery, chopped
• 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
• 1/2 tsp dried ginger
• 2 tsp seasoned salt
• 1 tsp dried parsley
• 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
• 1 tsp dry mustard
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 3 Tbsp lemon juice
• 12 each cherry tomatoes
• 1/4 cup brandy, warmed
• salt, to taste
• coarse black pepper, to taste
1. Melt 4 Tbsp butter in large skillet over medium-high heat, add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
2. Let the shrimp cook, turning once until it just turns pink, then remove to a plate.
3. Add remaining butter to the pan, then mushrooms and celery, and sauté́́ for 3 minutes.
4. Add chives, ginger, seasoned salt, parsley, tarragon, mustard, garlic powder and lemon juice, and stir to combine.
5. Return shrimp to pan, reduce heat, and cover and simmer 3 minutes.
6. Add tomatoes and cook another minute, then flame with heated brandy and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Great with yellow rice and glazed carrots.