Mississippi Gulf Shrimp, onions and peppers sautéed in a creamy mushroom sauce and served over rice.
TIME: 75 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 16 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp, peeled
• 1 cup white rice
• 8 Tbsp butter • 1 each medium onion, chopped
• 1 each bell pepper, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1-2 tsp paprika
• 1 10.5-oz can cream of mushroom soup
• flour, as needed
• salt, to taste • pepper, to taste
1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
2. In a soup pot over medium-high heat, add butter, onion, bell pepper and garlic, and let cook for 30 minutes.
3. Add paprika and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add cream of mushroom soup and one cup of water.
5. Let cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 15 minutes, adding more paprika if desired.
6. If thicker sauce is desired, you may add 1-2 Tbsp flour.
7. Add shrimp to sauce and let cook 8-10 minutes.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning, turn off heat and let stand 10 minutes.
9. Serve over cooked rice.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with garlic bread and your favorite salad.