Mississippi Gulf Shrimp sautéed with green and red peppers, onions, chopped cilantro and cayenne pepper, served over tortillas with salsa.
TIME: 30 minutes
SEASON: spring, summer, fall, winter
• 16 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp, peeled
• 2 Tbsp butter or cooking oil, divided
• 1 each medium onion, sliced
• 1 each green bell pepper, cut into strips
• 1 each red bell pepper, cut into strips
• 1/4 bunch parsley or cilantro, chopped
• 1 Tbsp paprika
• 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
• 8 each flour tortillas
• 1 cup prepared salsa
• salt, to taste
• pepper, to taste
1. Heat butter or oil in skillet over medium-high heat and sauté́́ shrimp for two or three minutes until they turn pink. Remove from pan
2. Add remaining butter or oil and onions to pan and let cook 2 minutes, then add green and red bell pepper, parsley or cilantro, paprika
and cayenne and let cook 2 minutes.
3. Add shrimp back to pan, season with salt and pepper, stir for 1 minute, then remove from heat and serve on tortillas with salsa.
Serving Suggestion: Enjoy with Spanish rice and seasoned black beans