Shrimp Stuffed Flounder
• 4 (5 oz.) flounder fillets
• 1 tsp. olive oil
• 1 slice bacon, diced
• 1 small onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 lb. small cooked Mississippi Gulf Shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 (10 oz.) package of frozen spinach, thawed, drained well and patted dry
• Pinch of nutmeg
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/3 nonfat sour cream
• 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Cook bacon over medium heat. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside to cool.
3. Add onion and garlic to the drippings in the pan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes. Add spinach, nutmeg, salt, pepper and heat through for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
4. Put the shrimp-spinach mixture in a large bowl. Add sour cream, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and bacon crumbles.
5. Add 1/4 of the stuffing to one end of a flounder fillet. Roll the flounder over the stuffing and secure with a toothpick.
6. Repeat with the remaining fillets. Place the flounder roll in the prepared pan.
7. Drizzle the top of each roll with olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake the flounder rolls for about 20 to 25 minutes or until done.