Shrimp Stuffed Peppers
Fresh bell peppers overflowing with a mix of sautéed Mississippi Gulf Shrimp, brown rice, onions and pimento olives topped with
TIME: 45 minutes
SEASON: spring, fall, winter
• 16 oz small Mississippi Gulf shrimp, boiled and chopped
• 6 Tbsp butter, divided
• 1 each large onion, chopped
• 4 each bell peppers, tops removed and cored
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
• 8 oz pimento olives, chopped
• 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
• salt, to taste
• pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. For softer peppers, parboil for 2 minutes.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and onion, and sauté until golden brown. Remove from heat.
4. In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, rice, onion, olives, and remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper
5. Divide mixture between peppers and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
6. Place in baking dish and bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with garlic bread and Caesar salad.