- 1 stick margarine
- 1 small bunch of green onions
(4 large or 5 small)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 pt half-and-half
- 1/2 lb Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 lb Gulf crab meat
- salt to taste
- red pepper to taste (can use
black if you don’t have red)
- 3 to 4 pieces of toast,
sliced diagonally, or
- 8 to 10
1.Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add onions and sauté.
2. Add parsley and flour. Add cream, slowly stirring until smooth. Add the cheese and heat, stirring gently until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens.
3. Fold in the crab meat and season with the salt and pepper.
4. Serve over toast points or in small pastry or puff pastry shells.