The Reigning Royalty of Mississippi Seafood 2019
Chef Hunter Evans of Lou’s Full Service – Jackson, MS
About Mississippi Seafood Cook-off
This premier cooking competition showcases Mississippi’s most talented chefs, who compete for the title of “king” or “queen” of Mississippi Seafood. Each chef presents his or her signature dish to a select group of judges, and all dishes feature fresh, sustainable Mississippi Gulf Seafood.
The Seventh Annual Mississippi Seafood Cook-off will be held Thursday, May 26, 2016, at Climb CDC in Gulfport. Only the judges taste the chefs’ preparations, but the event is open to all, and attendees can enjoy boiled shrimp and side dishes from local restaurants.
The winner of the cook-off will represent Mississippi in the Great American Seafood Cook-Off in New Orleans in August and will compete in the World Food Championships in Orange Beach, Ala. in November.
- Chefs competing must be executive chefs for an acclaimed free standing restaurant in Mississippi, or Mississippi based catering group, that proudly serves Mississippi Gulf seafood on their regular menu.
- No institutional chefs (i.e., food service distributors, school or hospital chefs, or chefs for chains having 10 or more restaurants) will be allowed to compete.
- With Mississippi Gulf seafood as the main protein, each chef will be responsible for plating up to seven (7) entrées for judges.
- With the exception of a complimentary one night hotel stay for chefs traveling to Gulfport, each chef will be responsible for his or her own travel and ingredients costs.
- The winning chef will represent Mississippi for the 2016 Great American Seafood Cook-Off held in New Orleans, LA in August, as well as The World Food Championships held in Orange Beach, AL in November. Therefore, chefs must make certain these do not conflict with their schedule before participating in the Mississippi Seafood Cook-Off.
- There are 12 spots available. Entry forms will be accepted until Friday, April 22. Contestants will be notified by Monday, April 25 and official entry submissions (recipe, photo, competition entry documents) will be asked to be received no later than Friday, May 9.