FLOUNDER CAPRESE OVER FETTUCINE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO SAUCE AND BLUE CRAB
•2 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 Tbsp butter
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 4 fresh Gulf flounder filets salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• Chef Diane’s house seasoning
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1 large tomato, preferably Creole, cut into 8 thin slices
• 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
• 2 balls fresh mozzarella cheese, each sliced into 4 even pieces
• garnishes, micro greens, cheese curls
•3 cups flour
•5-6 duck eggs
•1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
Sun-dried tomato cream sauce:
•2 Tbsp butter
•2 cloves garlic
•2 cups heavy whipping cream
•1/4 cup Chef Diane’s Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
•3 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1. Add olive oil and butter to a large nonstick pan set over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Season the top sides of the flounder filets with salt, pepper and Danie’s seasoning. Add to pan, seasoned side down, an cook for 3 minutes. Season bottom sides of filets as above and flip over in pan. Add wine. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until fish flakes.
3. Heat a low broiler. Divide tomato slices and cheese slices atop the flounder filets. Place pan under the broiler long enough for the cheese to melt over the fish.
1. Mix ingredients together to form a ball. Roll out with pasta machine and cook in boiling water for two minutes.
Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce:
1. Melt butter in pan and sauté garlic in buter for one minute
2. Add sun-dried tomato pesto and cream. Allow cream to simmer and slightly thicken.
3. Add parmesan cheese and toss with fresh pasta. Garnish with micro greens