OLLIE'S SHRIMP SALAD
• 2 boiled eggs, chopped
• 1 cup celery, finely chopped
• heaping handful of boiled Gulf shrimp, chopped
• 2 tsp sweet pickle relish
• 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
• pepper to taste
1. In a large stock pot, add water and a bag of crab boil and bring to a boil. Remove shrimp heads and boil with the hull still on approximately 3 -5 minutes, being careful not to overcook shrimp. Remove the boiled shrimp to a serving platter and let cool slightly. Careful not to burn your
hands, peel shrimp and set aside. It’s always best to peel the shrimp when they are still warm.
1. Boil the eggs for approximately 8 minutes. Chop and set aside. Finely chop a few stalks of celery until you have 1 cup.
2.Chop the shrimp into small, bite-size pieces and throw a heaping handful into a bowl. Add the boiled eggs and celery, along with the sweet pickle relish and mayonnaise. Add the pepper to taste. Mix well.
If you prefer your shrimp salad cold, let this dish chill in the refrigerator for a few minutes. When you are ready to eat, serve on a bed of lettuce and garnish with cherry tomatoes. For a simple meal, this salad also goes great with just a few saltine crackers.
This recipe is great if you have leftovers from a shrimp boil and can be kept refrigerated for a couple of day