PESTO GULF SHRIMP RIGATONI
• 1 lb Gulf shrimp (washed, deveined, tails removed)
• 3 Tbsp pesto sauce
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 lb rigatoni
• 6 oz roasted red peppers, drained
• 2 cups baby spinach leaves
• 2 tsp seafood seasoning
• juice from half of a lemon
• shredded parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Devein shrimp, remove tails and rinse under cool water. Dry shrimp on paper towel.
3.Sprinkle seafood seasoning over shrimp and let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Drain and cut red peppers into bite-size portions. Combine olive oil, garlic, pesto, lemon juice and red peppers in large bowl. Toss shrimp in olive oil mixture and pour into a glass dish. Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until shrimp is lightly pink; turn shrimp after about 4 minutes.
1. Bring large pot of water to boil and cook rigatoni as directed on box.
2. Drain and put into large serving bowl. Add spinach. Pour shrimp/pesto/pepper mixture over pasta and combine ingredients.
3. Garnish with parmesan cheese.