Shrimp & Spaghetti Squash Salad
– Roasted Spaghetti Squash:
• 1 spaghetti squash
• 3 tbsp butter, softened
• salt, to taste
• fresh cracked pepper, to taste Mango Vinaigrette
• 1 mango, peeled, pit removed
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• zest and juice of 1/2 lime
• 1/4 banana
• 1 clove garlic
• 2 sprigs thyme, leaves removed from stems
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
– Pineapple-Banana Relish:
• 1/2 cup diced pineapple
• 1/2 cup diced banana
• 1 shallot, finely chopped
• 1 tsp sweet chili sauce
• 1/4 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
• 1/4 red bell pepper, finely chopped
• 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
• 1 tsp honey
– Cilantro Pine Nut Pesto Shrimp:
• 1 lb medium Mississippi Gulf Shrimp, deveined, tail on • 1/4 bunch cilantro
• 2 tbsp pine nuts
• 1 clove garlic
• 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger • juice of 1/2 lime
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cut spaghetti squash in half, brush with butter, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
3. Roast for 30 minutes, or until tender.
4. Scoop out seeds, and remove the squash “meat” using the tines of a fork, to resemble spaghetti noodles.
5. Set aside and let cool.
6. Combine all ingredients for the mango vinaigrette in blender and puree until smooth. Reserve.
7. Combine all the pineapple-banana relish ingredients in a bowl and gently toss.
8. Reserve in refrigerator 1 hour to let flavors develop.
9. Pat Mississippi Gulf Shrimp dry with paper towel and place in a bowl.
10. In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
11. Pour marinade over shrimp and let marinate, refrigerated, for one hour.
12. Preheat the grill or grill pan. Cook shrimp 2 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
13. To serve, toss spaghetti squash with 1 tbsp mango vinaigrette, or as needed. Divide between 4 plates, top with pineapple-banana relish and place shrimp around. Remaining vinaigrette and relish can be served on the side.
Serving Suggestion: Serve in martini glasses or other festive stemware with toast points. Use leftover mango vinaigrette for a tropical shrimp cocktail or as sauce for other grilled Mississippi Gulf Seafood.