WINE-COUNTRY STYLE PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED GULF OYSTERS ROCKEFELLER
• 12 oysters on shell, small or medium size
• 2 tsp fresh goat cheese
• 2 slices prosciutto
• white wine béarnaise (herbed hollandaise sauce)
• 3 egg yolks
• 1 Tbsp white wine
• ½ tsp Dijon mustard
• ½ tsp lemon juice
• 8 oz unsalted butter
• ½ tsp shallots, chopped
• 1/16 tsp salt
• 1/16 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
• ½ tsp tarragon, chopped
• ½ tsp parsley, chopped
• lobster seaweed for garnish
1. Preheat broiler or oven 425 degrees. Shuck oysters and remove from shell once. Cut prosciutto into 1”x 2.5” string, divide goat cheese into twelve, wrap oysters with prosciutto then put back into half shell. Place goat cheese on oysters then place on oven tray or cookie sheet.
2. For white wine béarnaise, prepare medium sauce pan and fill ¾ of pot with water. Heat on low until barely simmering. Prepare medium-sized mixing bowl to fit sauce pan.
3. Prepare small pan, melt unsalted butter on low heat. Add shallots, cook until tender and translucent. Mix egg yolks, Dijon mustard and white wine with whisk in bowl. Place bowl on sauce pan, but water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Beat egg yolk until thickened. Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble.
4. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce has thickened and doubled in volume. Remove from sauce pan, add lemon juice, salt and pepper to season, then add chopped tarragon and parsley.
5. Put sauce on oysters with spoon to cover completely. Bake oysters in oven until surface brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Place lobster seaweed on plate to stabilize oysters and serve.